Monday, June 15, 2015

6-15-15

Well, we cover four bases: Heinaburg, Aukam, Crestview, and Clay.  Or you could just say Wiesbaden, that should work.

I will send Laura my condolences.  That cannot be fun.

Things are going great with Sister Lyman.  She's definatly adjusting and is actually coming up with great ideas for things we can do during the day.  I think the reason they have missionaries on military bases is becauase there are members there that need us, and non-members too.  We may not be able to klingle or do streets on base, but we can do service and help people anyway we can.  I love it here.

That's so cool about Nicole.  Summer's hard.  There are so many memories of Nicole going through my head and some days I wake up and want to ignore the world.  But whenever I get up and talk to people, that feeling just goes away and I'm happy again.  I know it's because of the enabling power of the Atonement that I can do that.  That and your prayers.  Today was the first day since Wednesday I woke up without feeling a hole in my chest.

One thing I love to do with my companions is that before we leave the apartment we say a prayer and hug each other.  It sets the tone and helps dispel any negative feelings.  And in companionship inventory that we do every week, we get a chance to tell the other person everything about them that's awesome.  That also makes you forget little frustrations that don't matter. 
I love you so much Mom.

Love,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment