Tuesday, May 3, 2016

5-2-2016

Michelle driving.  That's a terrifying thought.

I'm glad women's conference was so awesome.  I'll defiantly see if I can listen to those talks.

So, this week.  There was a bus strike on Wednesday.  So we walked everywhere.  10.5 miles in total.  Luckily, they always warn you when that happens, so we were able to space what we needed to do appropriately.  It was way fun though.

Yesterday was an adventure.  I have a dendency to mix these two stops up in my head.  They both with a mark saying and are right after each other.  I told Sister Van Vleet which one we needed to get off at to catch the u-bahn home.  I told her the wrong one, but didn't register that until I had gotten off and the u-bahn we were currently drove off with my companion still in it.

We only have one phone between us, which was in Sister Van Vleet's purse.  Still on silent from the appointment we just had.  So, I decided to ask someone for their phone, call the Elders, and see if they can get in contact with her. (It would be awkward if she didn't answer, and this way at least someone would know where I am) The only other person in sight was a man reading a book.  So, I interrupted him (I felt so bad) and explained the situation and asked if I could use his phone.

He doesn't speak German.

So I use charades, and call the Elders.

All in all, I spent almost fourth minutes chilling at a random bahn station while my companion had a mini heart attack, said a pray, and got a call from the Elders.

Also, Captain America Civil War was spoiled by one of our thirteen year old investigators. (Liza and Celin are twins who can't be baptized until their sixteen.  We teach them every week at their grandma's house.  She's a member.). Luckily she was talking so fast and my vocabulary outside of church related things is very limited.  So, I didn't understand all of it.  Better than the Elders who had someone give them a play by play of Star Wars.  In English.

That about sums up my week.  I can't wait to see you all on Sunday!  Bis dann!

Love,

Rachel

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment