Tuesday, April 28, 2015

4-28-15

I know I said p-day would be Wednesday, but with the Temple and an out of the way dinner apointment, we're doing emails now:)

Oh my goodness, the mission conference with Elder Bendar was the greatest thing ever!!!!  The Spirit was so strong and I learned so much.  I heard the Elder Bendar is always interactive with all the missions he goes to for talks, but nothing good have prepared me for what it was actually like.  He started of with two guidelines,  1) Write little plates.  Instead of writing down what the speaker is saying, write what the Spirit tells you.  That way your notes will be more meaningful.  You'll look back on them and actually remember where they are.  2) The speakers wouldn't mess with us.  He warned us that he would be talking with us, not at us, but that they wouldn't play "Guess what's in my head"  Elder Bednar actually warned against doing that.  He said that it drives away the Spirit and takes away agency.  You turn the person into an object to be acted upon instead of an agent to act.  With those two guidlines in place, that was one of the greatest Spritual experiences in my life.  We didn't even really talk about iPads.  Elder Bednar asked us what we think is good about them, and then what we think is bad about them.  Basically everything spoken lead back to another gospel principle and our purpose as missionaries.  Then we skimmed over everything in the two booklets they handed out about iPad uses and being safe with them.  We talked a lot about agency, repentance, pride, grace, and everything in between.  It was increadible.

As for the weather, currently it is raining.  The rest of the week was pretty sunny though.  

 Let me know how women's conference goes to.

Ich liebe dich!

Rachel
Sorry I don't know how to flip the picture around;)

Rachel is loving the spring

No comments:

Post a Comment