Thursday, July 9, 2015

7-6-15

Happy birthday!! Sorry I'm a day late.

So for the 4th, there was a German, American friendship festival going on all week from noon to midnight.  It was a mixture of German and American fair type stuff, from food to games.  There was a Bierstein game where you bounce ping pongs into the booth, and of your ball lands in something, you get to keep it.  I got three glasses and two Biersteins. I gave one to another missionary that didn't get one.  We also went to a BBQ.  There were fireworks, but because it doesn't get dark till late, we didn't get to see them.  Honestly, it didn't feel much like the Fourth of July to me.  Just another day of work.

I'm glad you guys had fun though.  I miss Dad's turkey.  At the BBQ we went to, there was chicken that looked similar, but it wasn't.  I was very disappointed.  And I'm sure Valerie will cling to you soon enough.

Weather wise, last week has been a record high for Germany.  Over 100 degrees.  Not to mention the humidity.  I don't think. Y hair will ever fell dry again.  You walk outside, say nope and want to go back inside.  Then you remember the only AC you can find is in cars and the occasional bus/train if your lucky.  So your going to be roasting inside because there is no way your going to cool down very quickly.  But we still have fun.  And it's a lot cooler now.

I found out you told Sister Rolfe my favorite things.  Should I be worried about the conversation you had with her?

She also just took us to Burg Rheinstein.  So cool.  This castle was actually renovated and everything.  I took most of the pictures on my camera, so I don't have any to show you right now... But we had fun.

I love you!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment