Monday, July 4, 2016

6-27-16

I hope it doesn't rain on you, and have fun.  You're going to love
that you got to go on trek.

I have a few stories for you this week:

Hans got baptized last Saturday. That was happy.  He also got
confirmed.  That was happier. I nearly killed him when he was late to
sacrament meeting. I did not want to go through that again.  But he
made it.  Every time we ask him about how he feels he keeps using
words like amazing, happy, pure, etc.  He also mention that he can
feel the power of the Holy Ghost.  It's awesome.

I also taught the greatest lesson of my mission last week.  Susanne
was introduced to the Sisters through service and has slowly been
learning about the church through them and her member coworker. (He's
awesome) She's amazing.  You would love her.

Anyway, we invited her to Hans baptism, and she told us that she would
like to get baptized and wanted to know what she needed to do to do
that.  (Sister Williams was so excited.  Susanne is her deutsche mom.)
So we meet with her two days later to talk about this and explain what
we do.  During this discussion she had offered us drinks.  She said
that she k ew we don't drink tee or coffee and wanted to know if we
can't drink soda too.  We reexplain the Word of Wisdom and find out
that she thought we couldn't drink that stuff because we were
missionaries.  Finding out that she can't drink coffee was a big thing
for her.

She then asks us to give her two more big things before we left.  I
looked over at Sister Williams, she looked at me, and we went into the
Law of Chastity.

Now, I didn't want to do tithing just yet.  We were afraid she would
struggle with that and she was still recovering from the no coffee.
We thought bother of the Law of Chastity.  She's over fifty, has been
divorced for a long time, and has no interest in relationships
whatsoever.  So this would be easy, right?

Wrong.  We finish explaining everything and she just looked at us and
asks (very dramatically) "Aber was wenn ich nicht heiraten will und
ich mag mein sex!?" (For those who don't speak German:"But what about
when I don't want to get married and I like my sex!?")

All three of us lose it.  I'm laughing because I don't know what to do
with this, Sister Williams is laughing because we didn't see this
coming at all, and Susanne is laughing because...I don't really know
why.  That's just something she would do.  But we were all doubled
over for a good five minutes or so.

After that she insisted on one more.  I look at Sister Williams, and
she goes, "Why not?" And we teach tithing.

She had absolutely no problems with that one.

That's it for this week.  K-Town is amazing:)

Love,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment