Wednesday, June 8, 2016

5-30-16

I miss BB-Q turkey.  Whether it really does come from Scandinavia or not.

I'm glad you're feeling better.  That cold sounded awful.

As for my week...it started out being full of appointments, and almost
all of them fell out.  But, when they fell out and we went finding, we
talked to some fantastic people.  And a man gave Sister Van Vleet his
watch because she told him it was cool.  He refused to take it back.

I thing the best moment for me was when we were riding an U-Bahn to go
by a less active family.  We got on, an across from me sat an old man
with an Ohio shirt on.  Naturally, I asked him if he'd ever been to
Ohio.  He had not.  But he had been to Texas, and had meet Mormon
Missionaries there.  I gave him the church's address here, and he
promised that he would be at church in two weeks. (Yesterday didn't
work for him.) Then came the problem.  He was riding the bahn to the
end of the line, and we were riding it to seven stops before the end
of the line.  In other words, I had to figure out how to keep a
conversation going for twenty more minutes.  You know me Mom.  Small
talk is not my strong point.  I was terrified.

So, with a prayer in my heart I started asking him questions about his
work.  Luckily, he talked about his job and what it was like for a
long time.  I just continued praying that I would be able to
understand him enough to know what to say (his accent was really
thick), and that I could keep him talking.

My prayer was heard and I made it to our stop without a break in the
conversation.  And I learned a lot about what he does.  Not going to
lie though, I was relieved when we got off.  I can talk about God and
Christ all day in German.  Not about normal life.  Luckily God knew
that and just helped me ask questions so that the man could talk.

It's funny to think that when I'm home I'll probably be talking to
random people out of habit.

That's it for this week.  I hope everything goes well with Ana's
graduation.  And you're not that old.

Love ya!

P.S. I totally forgot to mention.  I've been transferred.  I'm going to
Kaiserslautern to work with the German branch there.  I've got five
weeks to make a difference;)

No comments:

Post a Comment