Thursday, February 5, 2015

1-28-15

So, I'm still trying to figure out how to photos.  They are very strict about what we can do on computers.

So, our first "investigator" is now our second teacher.  So now we have an instructor with us for 6 hours.  

German isn't really as harsh as everyone made it out to be.  I haven't heard any natives, but it doesn't sound like our teachers are yelling at us.  Both Brother Rowley and Sister Almond went to the Alpine mission and spent a lot of time in Switzerland and Austria, so they don't really sound like what I'll hear.  Even though French is defiantly pretty, German isn't that bad.  Besides, the French people purposely make it sound pretty.  

With how my German is going, I can mostly understand and read, but I can't speak.  And my grammar is terrible.  I also can talk more about the Gospel than everyday conversation.  I only know how to say I'm good if someone asks me how I am.  Or wonderful.

My district loves to sing. Whenever we have extra time, like on Sundays, we just pick hymns or primary songs and sing for 30 minutes to an hour.  We sing in both German and English.  We are also working on memorizing Ich Bin Ein Kind von Gott.  I have the first verse and some of the second down.  But they don't have If You Could Hie to Kolob in the German Hymnbook!  But they make up for it by having Come Thou Fount. 

That's all I can think of right now.  I miss you and love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment