Monday, March 28, 2016

3-28-16

Mom! I haven't seen the General Women's session yet!  That's at two in
the morning here and they haven't sent the talks to the gospel library
app yet.  Life in a forge in country is hard.  I also won't see the
last session of conference for a bit, so no spoilers.

I actually do love that you're planning my life for me.  Just so long
as I can hug my bookshelf when I get home, I'm good.

I love Jake.

On a more serious note, I am aware of what happened in Brussels.  The
mission told us not to worry, but to avoid large crowds and stay safe.
I'm not really worried.  After all, "For he shall give His angels
charge over thee, to guard thee in all thy ways." (Psalms 91:11 with a
German translation twist)

As for this week, the most entertaining thing happened Saturday night.
So, we're walking down the street and some guy comes up and shakes our
hand.  In my brain I'm going "less active, Elder's investigator, a
member whose face I don't recognize?" Because no one else would react
to us like that.  Then he turns to my companion. "You're tall, I'm
tall.  Do you like to tango?"

I left Sister Van Vleet to explain that we're not allowed to date for
eighteen months because I was internally dying of laughter and if I
opened my mouth I would have externally been dying of laughter.

But it was cool, due to the "we can't date you, we're missionaries" we
had a twenty minute conversation about religion.  He wasn't super
interested in learning more, but it was a memorable experience.

We also learned not to go dooring on a German holiday (Karfreitag)
unless you want to be chased down the stairs by a crazy lady in
underwear.  Or have an old lady yell at you.  Germans take there free
time very seriously.

That's all for now.  I hope you all had a fantastic Easter!

Love,

Rachel
It's a good thing Rachel will send Pictures to Kersten.  She only sends me pictures of flowers.

1 comment:

  1. Did you notice in that picture that Rachel totally has all my postcards taped her her wall? I did :)

    ReplyDelete